PUPIL DEVELOPMENT GRANT – STATEMENT 2021-22
The Pupil Development Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following:
1. to identify the target group of pupils – characteristics and needs
2. to Implement provision to ensure higher levels of achievement
3. to monitor and evaluate progress
In 2021/22 Ysgol BANCFFOSFELEN was provided with a PDG allocation of £12,650.
At Ysgol Bancffosfelen we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- To employ staff to introduce programmes that will raise the standards of pupils
- To provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable- provide specific high quality training for school staff e.g. ELSA, Positive play, CHATT
- To purchase suitable resources to support pupils.
- To introduce restorative practices in school to develop positive relationships to improve behaviour
- To give families of FSM a discount to residential trips.